We thought we’d reach out to you to wish you an enjoyable summer!
Here are some updates regarding some of the skin conditions we help treat:
- Risankizumab (an IL-23 inhibitor) has received FDA approval for the treatment of moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis. We are proud to have been a part of these clinical trials and have you, our patients, to thank!
- The FDA has also approved a new topical combination lotion — corticosteroid (halobetasol propionate) and a retinoid (tazarotene) for psoriasis.
- The American Academy of Dermatology and the National Psoriasis Foundation have released joint guidelines on the treatment and management of psoriasis — with more to come. Our own Dr. Alan Menter is co-chair of these guidelines! Click for a short summary .
- Dupilimab is now approved for teenagers — as young as 12.
- Looking for eczema friendly products? Click here for products that have received the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance.
- Dr. Paek and Dr. SK have just published an article outlining dietary impacts on HS!